[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist - was Argon turbo

Ohio Benz ohiobenz at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 01:52:30 GMT 2003

I guess I'm still looking for someone to provide a
formula that I can use with my data.  If I inject
water/meth mist into the exhaust stream just prior to
the turbo inlet, how would I determine the needed flow
rate or nozle size.
With this being activated for only a very limited time
in order to assist in turbo spooling by generating an
expanding steam pressure, is a fine mist a requirement
or would a fine jet suffice.  After all we would be
injecting into 1200F exhaust gasses - how long would
droplets remain droplets?
I'm willing to experiment with nozzle sizes but really
need some help determining a starting point.  With WI
into the intake - there are some formulas/% that I can
use to get jet size & flow rates/min. So what are %
etc for this type setup.
Thanks