[Diy_efi] Area under torque curve?

Derek derek at lola7.com
Sat Jan 4 13:32:29 GMT 2003

To use your words - you most definitely cannot say what you just said!
In fact you just argued against yourself.

First - I said "revs" are dimensionless - not "RPM".
"RPM" has a dimension of "time^-1" - "per unit of time"

Second - you say "you multiply RPM by radius of tire and get speed"

Let's analyse that - I say -
RPM = 1/time
Radius = distance
RPM x Radius = distance/time = speed - AGREED
Therefore Revs (not RPM) are dimensionless.

You said -
RPM = distance(radians)/time
Radius = distance
RPM x Radius = distance x distance / time
 = "area covered per unit of time" - whatever that is!
Only if radians are dimensionless do you get speed.

QED - Derek