[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist - was Argon turbo

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 4 15:46:07 GMT 2003

At 1:46 AM 1/5/03, mwp at overclockers.com.au wrote:
>Hang on...

 into the
>engine air intake before the turbo? Squirting water into a hot turbo from the
>exst manifold doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

Don't care what it sounds like to you, it WORKS as described. Talk to some
diesel tractor puller guys !!

Good atomization IS important.

I was the one who did the calcs for quantity originally, don't remember the
numbers, tho. Would start experimenting at about 15% of fuel mass flow rate
for straight H2O (into the exhaust).

For injecting into the intake (straight H2O again), depends on compression
ratio, but as high aa 70% of fuel mass flow might be of help. Sneak up on
it, though.

Greg