[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist - was Argon turbo

mwp at overclockers.com.au mwp at overclockers.com.au
Sat Jan 4 16:10:45 GMT 2003

> At 1:46 AM 1/5/03, mwp at overclockers.com.au wrote:
> >Hang on...
> >
> >into the engine air intake before the turbo? Squirting water into a hot turbo from the
> >exst manifold doesnt sound like a good idea to me.
>

> Don't care what it sounds like to you, it WORKS as described. Talk to some
> diesel tractor puller guys !!

Jeez, take it easy.

Just because "diesel tractor puller guys" do it, doesnt mean its suitable for
worked street cars.  I dont like the idea beacuse of possibly cold water
getting on very hot turbine blades. Also, corrosion.

Strip, or in this case tractor pullers dont have to worry about this stuff due
to the engine rebuilds after every meet.