[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 09:50:20 GMT 2003

--- arnie <arnie_ at charter.net> wrote:

> And while a valiant attempt (btw thanks, Adam)

*bows*  ;)

> was made to present the water/fuel relationship in a
> more simpler light,

You are George Bush, Sr. and I claim my three free
Bosch injectors.  ;)

> I have determined, with my limited (3rd grade)
> reading skills,

I must applaud you on your wonderful comprehension to
this point, given your abbreviated education!  ;)

> with an unacceptable amount of water finding it's
> way to the pan, relatively speaking, it is STILL a
> HELL of a lot of water.  :)

This is true.  I somehow doubt that very much of the
water used in water injection at even 70% of fuel
volume gets into the oil pan, especially is properly
atomized in the intake.

I'd be interested to see the differences in moisture
content between two identical engines, one running
water injection and one not, in the same spot, run
under the same loading, yadda yadda.  I have hunches
about what I'd find, but not well-backed enough to
voice them.  ;)

Anyone have anything like that?  I'd presume the
results would be improved over those of WWII aircraft,
if only because of the better atomization and tighter
tolerances in modern injectors and engines, respectively.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |