[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 10:25:31 GMT 2003

--- MarkoNTL <marko.cosic at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> I do not know how many hours of run time
>> WW2 engines logged between overhauls, but ?

> Service life in hours, wouldn't have got into three
> figures on active duty.

Keep in mind these were mass-produced air-cooled
engines putting out power far, far in excess of their
original design specs.  Often they were pushed to 2-3
times the output they had originally been designed
for.  Also keep in mind the wider tolerances of
air-cooled engines, the lubrication issues with radial
engines in combat, and the much poorer metallurgy of
the day.

They did pretty damned well, all things considered.
But I'm not sure the overhaul numbers from those
engines means a lot to today's car engines.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |