[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 5 16:58:44 GMT 2003

At 10:14 AM 1/5/03, arnie wrote:
>IMHO, (note it is still just an opinion, so take for what it is worth)
>leave the turbine side WI to the farmers (bless their souls) that run
>their tractors 15-20 sec. at a time.

One of those "farmers" is a guy who forced NHRA to re-write their rulebook
for D-Dragster about 30 years ago--because he built a billet Al head for a
Ford 300 I-6 which used Elephant valve train parts and 2--3/4" Hilborns.
Now, he builds billet steel heads for Deeres that will stand 150 psi of
boost !!

Jan's Ford motors used to go through a crank every 6 or 8 runs, until the
Ford comp guys taught him to keep the revs above the cranks primary
torsional resonance frequency !

There are those on this 'list' that
>believe, what has merit for that short of a duration, can actually be
>applied in daily use.

This list is NOT restricted to "daily use" stuff. Next you're gonna be
telling us "That won't pass smog !" as an excuse for injecting your $.02
into the conversation.

 For those that thrive on 'engineering theory', let
>them present applicable, relevant, and factual test results, or direction
>to same.

Do I hear an echo??

 At this jucture, for those that actually use/drive their vehicles,
>and an 'artificial' means of improving turbo response time is desired,
>go with the NOS.

I'd rather use something that's FREE !!

>Frankly, if turbo response time is an issue, chances are good, a
>poorly implemented turbo setup is being employed.

Take a peek at what Porsche did with their 959 for more ideas. Also at VTN
turbos.

Greg