[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 07:23:56 GMT 2003

> I didn't say that. I believe 13.8 to 14.2 IS richer than stoich !! ??!! I
> think I even explained the reason why the extra fuel makes more power ???
> !!

But generally, 12.5:1 is referred to as being the maximum power WOT gasoline
AFR. Just wondering why you would want it leaner than that? Is max power at 14:1
or so, given excellent in-cylinder cooling (meth, water, or any mix)?

Not arguing, just trying to figure out if running it leaner than .85 lambda on
my car (lots of methanol, 0F inlet temps) would be of any benefit.