[Diy_efi] Bosch DI and Bimmers

Patrick Cahill patc at opposition.tv
Wed Jan 8 04:15:06 GMT 2003

The valve is ECU controlled. It varies according to engine load due to the
fact that it uses different spray types for differing loads, i.e. on light
throttle it only sprays just enough to ignite a localised region around the
spark plug and then on "full throttle" it runs similar stoich to a normal
engine.

I just got the yellow jacket on it before Xmas so I've read a bit about it.

Interestingly, I was heard the Audi engine guy (who did the R8) saying how
it was very difficult to get it to work past 7500rpm. He did stress,
however, that it was very difficult, not impossible.

Message: 16