[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 1, Issue 506

Patrick Cahill patc at opposition.tv
Sat Jan 11 22:03:38 GMT 2003

><PRE>you could use a GM ecm it doesnt care how many cycles there are in the
>combustion event. just a thought. and there are GM ecms that should be able
>to work. look at the 1227749 and the $58 code. i dont think a DIS module
>would work in your case so thats the best non DIS boost code around.

Whatever it is it must be capapble of precise sequential injector control.
This seems to be the big trick to it. The rest of the GDI system is not so
difficult. I think the Mitsu system uses MAF. I don't know how you'll go
shoehorning any of the GM ecu's onto it though. Sounds like a backward step
to me!

Oh, and the fuel rail pressure is varied to change the spray pattern more
than flow rate (that was a query from an earlier post about GDI).