[Diy_efi] GM Throttle Drive By Wire

Blue MaxMax blue at maxmax.com
Sat Jan 11 19:48:02 GMT 2003

--===============17536696745810776==

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C2B981.F3205F60

Hi,

I am working on converting a twin Whipple supercharged twin Dominator =
carbureted 1,300 HP engine over to fuel injection.  One reason is that =
it would be nice to make the beast more drivable.  Also, can't see out =
the window that well since the air cleaners sit about 1 inch under roof =
line.  The plan is to route make pipes to route the air from the top of =
the supercharges back under the hood where we can attach two GM drive by =
wire throttle bodies with the air cleaners after that.  EFI system will =
be Motec.

I sent the Motec engineers a GM drive by wire throttle body of the type =
used in the new Vortec 8100 engines.  They are trying to figure out the =
pinouts in order to interface them to the Motec ECU.  Anybody know or =
have ideas on how to figure out how to drive the GM throttle bodies?  =
They are pretty expensive so we don't want to start frying them doing =
trial by error.

Thanks,

Dan
------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C2B981.F3205F60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am working on converting a twin =
Whipple=20
supercharged twin Dominator carbureted 1,300 HP engine over to fuel=20
injection.&nbsp; One reason is that it would be nice to make the beast =
more=20
drivable.&nbsp; Also, can't see out the window that well since the air =
cleaners=20
sit about 1 inch under roof line.&nbsp; The plan is to route make pipes =
to route=20
the air from the top of the supercharges back under the hood where we =
can attach=20
two GM drive by wire throttle bodies with the air cleaners after =
that.&nbsp; EFI=20
system will be Motec.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I sent the Motec engineers a GM drive =
by wire=20
throttle body of the type used in the new Vortec 8100 engines.&nbsp; =
They are=20
trying to figure out the pinouts in order to interface them to the Motec =

ECU.&nbsp; Anybody know or have ideas on how to figure out how to drive =
the GM=20
throttle bodies?&nbsp; They are pretty expensive so we don't want to =
start=20
frying them doing trial by error.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dan</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C2B981.F3205F60--