[Diy_efi] GDI Cont'd

joeld joeld at ualberta.ca
Sun Jan 12 20:29:40 GMT 2003

We have already looked at Orbital, but as someone else said it is a 48V
system. Adapting this into a snowmobile is really not feasable because of
weight/simplicity restrictions.

We also want to go one step farther than them and run a sealed crankcase and
us a supercharger to bring our air in, thus elliminating using 2-stroke oil.

We are building this for an SAE competition, the Clean Snowmobile Challenge.
We have placed 5th and 6th respectively in the last 2. In both of these we ran
our modified GSX-R engine. About 25 Universities compete every year.

Joel