[Diy_efi] GDI Cont'd

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 13 04:57:34 GMT 2003

err yes but in conventional parlance we have a 12v system
not a 13.8v system, bulbs, injectors, modules are said
to be 12v rated not 13.8v rated etc.

Things get more interesting with the higher voltage,

So the conventional parlance is thrown out the window, I
can see some electricians and techs getting confused over
this, do they buy a 36v bulb or a 42v bulb as we now
buy a 12v bulb and not a 13.8v bulb...

Hey ! Maybe we can make our own 32v ac and use all those
peripherals made in the late 50's and 60's in australia
which grace the support for the old sink in the back shed ;-)

32v ac from 36/42 volts would be a sinch with a simple
bridge PWM converter.

With 32/42 it would make more sense to have one SMPS (boost/
buck) integrated with the charger, supply a regulated rail - instead
of duplicating any buck/boost regulators around the system,
which is not to be confused with voltage correction for
pulse width for injectors etc...

Hey Bernd, do you want me to post you that cap, or shall I
drop it off to reptile (Paul), who is in Chaucer way Kalamunda,
I think he mentioned he knew you...(Had a stroke little while ago,
now fully recovered).

rgds

mike