[Diy_efi] Importance of TPS with lightweight cars

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Mon Jan 13 15:34:03 GMT 2003

In a message dated 1/13/03 5:44:53 AM Central Standard Time,
shannen at grolen.com writes:

A fuel map can be made that is leaner than stoich during low load
conditions, and leaner than best power under acceleration.  This can be
combined with a spark map that is less aggressive during non PE
operation.   PE can be adjusted to provide maximum acceleration.  PE
enable parameters can be adjusted to suit your tastes from there.

<snip>

I must not quite understand something. I was under the impression that in
closed-loop cruise, the INT and BLM adjust to stioch (14.7:1 in my '747 cal).
How can a fuel map be made to run leaner than stoich? My table is leaned out
a bit, but the BLM just goes to 137/138 and stays there. Is this all through
"hi-way mode" settings?

Beau