[Diy_efi] Re: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #462 - 14 msgs

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Tue Jan 14 04:07:29 GMT 2003

Derek,
    What about a small centrifigal blower driven off your fan belt? -
absolute power loss from the engine would be less since you would then
only have the power consumed by the fan and the mechanical losses from
the belt/pulley. An electric fan has that plus the losses in the
Alternator and the losses in the electric motor, neither of which are
very efficient.

Regards
Bill W