[Diy_efi] RE: Throttling intake air -- references

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jan 15 15:18:43 GMT 2003

Interesting.  It's a wildly different regime than the one I'm interested in
though.  I'm looking at it from efficiency.  Airplane engines operate hour
after hour at the same throttle setting.  As far as I know, theres never
been a Cessna 210 driver that complained about turbo lag.

What kind of miles per gallon do these cars get?
Extrapolating my aircraft performance to car-speak, I'm expecting about 20
mpg, plus or minus 4mpg at 180 miles per hour.