[Diy_efi] RE: Throttling intake air -- references

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 16 14:42:08 GMT 2003

mmmm, More and more handled by ECU, yes turbine speed is of
interest - clearly I need more comparative data and should
finish my datalogging system soon in between client demands...

The delay from throttle position change to reduction in boost
seems to be only a few hundred milliseconds, and gets progressively
less the more load the engine is under. Its really not much if
in a comparative sense fuel economy is improved over a wastegate
system the data is unclear but seems sensible if you are not
venting energy past the turbine,

rgds

mike