[Diy_efi] Thermal barrier coatings

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 21 13:48:55 GMT 2003

At 3:52 AM 1/21/03, Ohio Benz wrote:

Among the more interesting coatings I have come acrross are from Ni-Met
Industries (Gary, Ind.)

They do a teflon impregnated anodizing (RC 70 surface hardness and _VERY_
slippery) which is neat for pistons (skirts, pin bores and ring grooves).

Also, a teflon impregnated carbide coating (also very hard and slick) for
brass/bronze/copper alloys which might be pretty interesting for the ID of
valve guides and possibly also for con rod small end bushings.

Greg