[Diy_efi] could i have multiple bad injectors?

Toyota Supra turbosupramk3 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 15:00:15 GMT 2003

thank you for the replies, just to clarify

the injectors are not receiving any sort of electrical signal, once they
prove to function properly, they will be hooked up to an AIC 3, but right
now, it is nothing.
since the injector is the only path for the fuel to get from the rail to the
manifold, they have to be the source of leakage, but i am not sure as to
why. mike has mentioned that they could have had the pintel bent, which at
least is feasible, but i was careful to set them down with the ends up in
the air, and not resting on anything. i will probably try a test with a
bucket full of fuel and a pump to see if i can simulate conditions.

the fuel pressure is 35 or 37 pounds for base, they have never seen boost
and are leaking at the base pressure, and they have not received an
electrical signal as of yet.

is there a way to to examine the injectors to see if the pintel is
physically damaged, does it bend or kink open and will i be able to visually
inspect and see that?

thanks again for the replies

-j

Some ECUs will sort of crack open the injectors if the driver
circuit loses a signal ground. Check your grounding all over
(engine to chassis, chassis to powertrain, chassis to ECU, and
while you're at it clean up the straps to shiny and coat with
thick grease after assembly). Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Rod

I changed all my bosch injectors about a year ago and during
the process I noticed its very easy to bump/graze the small
pintle at the end of the injector!

So if there is fuel pressure and no signal and they leak then its
logical to conclude they have received physical damage *or* your
fuel pressure is way too high for the injectors...

rgds

mike

Those should actually be Nippon Denso 450cc injectors and they are very
reliable.  I really doubt it is bad injectors.  You just changed to staged
injection, so I would look into that.  It sounds like they are being fired
when they shouldn't be.  Usually when those injectors go bad they will not
fire at all.  I have had one go bad in 9 years having Talons.

JET
92 Talon AWD