[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 18:23:44 GMT 2003

--- bill.shurvinton at nokia.com wrote:

> 2. Why has it been deemed necessary to have
> vapourised all the water in the inlet

It was my understanding that much of the benefit of
water injection comes from vaporization inside the
combustion chamber increasing pressure inside the
combustion chamber, while also slowing combustion
slightly to help prevent detonation.  This results in
a generally greater efficiency under some conditions.

Am I missing something?

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |