[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Axel Rietschin axel_rietschin at compuserve.com
Thu Jan 23 15:10:21 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd at mindspring.com>

> maybe even a net gain !!

This is the part where I fail to follow the reasonning. You add something to
the intake charge, that something takes space, I pretend that the space
taken displace some of the original charge so there is a net loss or at best
a no-no. I fail to see how the engine can swallow more air if the air in
question is diluted by water vapor. Note that I don't question the
usefulness if WI, it's just that I fail to see how you can gain anything by
letting the water evaporate before it reaches the cylinder.

--Axel