[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 16:58:01 GMT 2003

--- Axel Rietschin <axel_rietschin at compuserve.com>
wrote:

> I fail to see how the engine can swallow more air if
the
> air in question is diluted by water vapor.

If you cool the intake charge, you can end up with
MORE air due to increased density.

You get the benefit of an intercooler, plus the
benefit of water injection.  Seems to me that having
both would be a bit better than having just WI, but
there's a lot of plumbing you don't have, plus the
weight...  And of course, no pressure drop through the
IC.  So it may end up being better than both together.
 And it would appear on the face of it that WI is
better than just a plain IC in terms of mass of air
charge in the cylinder per cycle.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |