[Diy_efi] turbo "throttling"

Erik Jacobs emj14 at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 23 18:14:10 GMT 2003

so did we ever come to a verdict on this?

I was wondering... is there some way that you could divert exhaust and
intake flow around a really huge turbo?  I'm kinda thinking of a system
where the big turbo gets a little bit of exhaust gas to start it moving at
lower RPMs (where miserable lag would be a problem), and then as RPMs
increase more exhaust gas is diverted towards the turbo (because the energy
is higher so it will have less trouble spooling it)... but also keep the
intake tract free from having to "suck" through the turbo by offering a
diverted intake path as well... does this make any sense?  Where am I going
wrong with my thought train
here?
    -Erik