[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 19:12:34 GMT 2003

--- Axel Rietschin <axel_rietschin at compuserve.com>
wrote:

> The colder air after the water injector takes less
> volume, for sure, but the newly created space is
filled
> with water vapor since the cooling effect comes from
> evaporation,

That does not logically follow.  Air and water vapor
do not have identical characteristics in terms of
physical behavior.

> Then, some heat from the intake walls etc will help
> evaporate more water thus create more vapor and
start
> displacing air causing a loss.

Displacing it to where?  And how?  It's the same
number of water molecules.  The molecules don't get
any bigger, they just spread out and hold heat energy.

> The point is water takes much more space is vapor
form
> so evaporation outside the cylinders must be avoided
as
> much as possible.

ISTR some very different reasoning behind keeping the
water from absorbing too much heat before being sealed
in the combustion chamber, but perhaps I misunderstand.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |