[Diy_efi] could i have multiple bad injectors? (UPDATE)

Toyota Supra turbosupramk3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 24 02:20:14 GMT 2003

ok, as an update, i have rigged up an injector testing setup, where i have a
pump with a feed line, in a bucket, with a gallon or two of gas. it feeds
into a dsm rail, which is mounted to an old dsm head, and it houses the dsm
injectors.

none of the 6 that i recently had on the car leaked, one of the remaining 2
(if you remember i purchased two sets of four) did leak, it dribble out at a
somewhat steady, quick pace. i have even hooked up a pump to the fuel
pressure regulator and put about 85 to 90 pounds of fuel pressure on the
injectors, but still no leak.

i am confused as to how the test conditions are any different than the
original conditions ... the injectors are housed in a different rail and
different head (as opposed to an intake manifold before) but none of those
differences should effect a leaking pintel? i visually inspected the pintels
and found none to appear bent or damaged.

if anyone has any thoughts, i'd love to hear them, as i am completely
stumped as to why i can't duplicate? could the vibration of the running
motor have something to do with it? wtf?

thanks

-j