[Diy_efi] 25A Solid State Relay

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sat Jan 25 01:41:03 GMT 2003

A   DC solid state "relay" generally involves a power MOSFET
transistor.  Be aware that 12V automotive circuits may contain
spike voltages as much as 25 times normal.  While these
may be too brief to affect most parts, even a microsecond can
take out a MOSFET.  So a practical circuit will have some
protection devices.  There are lots of MOSFETs in the Digikey
catalog,  don't expect them to run continuously at their peak
current rating.

Bruce Roe