[Diy_efi] Leaking injectors

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Tue Jan 28 00:31:37 GMT 2003

Bill Washington wrote:

>     Check the injectors at low fuel pressure, not high - IE the sorts of
> pressures the injectors will be under when the engine is stopped!
> High pressure will help to seal them, whereas low pressure relies on
> their own internal spring tension, this is the worst case scenario, when
> leaking is most likely to occur.

You might want to also consider heat soak, when a hot engine is stopped
and left to  stew in its juices so to speak.  I'm pretty sure this is
the biggest cause of varnishes collecting in the injectors, but I have
no idea if it effects leakdown.  If a seal is borderline, the higher
temps might cause it to drip some fuel.

Brian