[Diy_efi] Venturi effect crankcase breather

Shannen at grolen.com Shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jul 11 11:25:39 GMT 2003

.

DI>That would essentially create a vacuum leak.  What
DI>vehicles have such a setup?  I've never seen one
DI>before.  Without a way to measure the content and rate
DI>of flow into the engine from such a port, there's no
DI>way you could accurately fuel the engine.

Adam, I think you're out of your range of experience here.  This is what
PCV is all about.  Speed density systems need to measure neither content
nor rate of flow into the engine via PCV system.  MAF systems are
sometimes very dependent on the correct pcv valve being installed.
Other MAF systems supply fresh air to the pcv system via a tube
connected between MAF and throttle plates.  The PCV system is 39 years
old, so you have probably come across at least one correct
implementation in your 15 years under the hood.  A simple search for PCV
on google "nets" many pages with this information.

Shannen