[Diy_efi] TBI questions

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Jun 2 03:55:31 GMT 2003

> Joe Lutz wrote:
>
> I need to know if the TBI units found on a 4.3L are the same bore and
> injector size as that found on a 5.7.  I checked the gmecm website,
> but couldn't find the answer.

The answer to the bore question is in the archives:  1-11/16" for the
4.3, 5.0, 5.7, 2" for the big block, and something smaller for the 2.8
v6.  Injectors vary, there is more info on the gmecm page (click
component info, tbi and injectors).

> Also, since the 749 ecm can drive four peak and hold injectors, can it
> also drive 4 TBI injectors?

I don't think the 749 can drive 4 peak/hold injectors.  Where did you
see that?

--steve

--
Steve Ravet