[Diy_efi] MAF Question

va3xcd at sympatico.ca va3xcd at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 6 17:08:57 GMT 2003

Hi Alexei,

Thank you too for taking the time to reply.
As I said in my reply to Dan, the solution
really is not an option at this point.

>It's probably better to start by improving air flow
>in the intake and exhaust systems, you'll learn
>a lot if you do the job by yourself.

I prefer to do the stuff myself....and I have already
begun air flow improvements. I had an aftermarket
intake pipe on, but had problems with it, and it
split (it was 2 pc fibreglass). I noticed a big
difference going back to stock, so I have begun
to fabricate my own intake now (easier on the
pocket book in my case, as I find a lot of the
stuff that is actually available for the ZX2
is grossly overpriced) The prototype is going
to be one piece fibreglass (no splitting)
and then will go from there.
I also have come up with a design for a
header as well. I have done the research, and come
up with a design that will give me benefits where
I want them (mid range to low instead of high).
Just a matter of getting the pipes bent and
flanges cut and then I can go from there.
I know I can get away with making those changes
without too much trouble at least.

>Could you help me: I've found a broken Ford engine with beautiful
>injectors. It's a DOHC 2L 4-cyl engine. I can not find any
>description of the injection ramp.

As I said...I am all new to this stuff so I have to say I am
not going to be much help directly, but I have forwarded
the info to a couple of guys in our group that are in the know
more than I am. Is this a North American engine or foreign?
Do you have any idea how old it is? Hopefully Ill be able to
dig some info up for you.
I did a Google search myself and could not see any injectors
listed with that number. Seems they jump from 280 150 999 to
280 155 001, with nothing inbetween. Can you see a Ford part
number on them?

There is a great listing I found here:
http://www.powerpage.dk/produkter/pic/injectors.pdf

This lists all types of injectors including Ford injectors
with Ford part #s, but made by Bosch....
Hopefully that helps a little...
If I get any info from the other guys Ill let you know.

Regards,
Bill