[Diy_efi] Where can I learn the fundamentals of ECU?

Matt Porritt porrittm at anet.co.nz
Sun Jun 8 00:10:47 GMT 2003

--===============33353158033366292==

--B_3137918528_861318

Hi Ray.
I have been remapping Nissan ECUs (esp SR20s) for quite a while now.
I presume you have a SR20 engine and not CA18? (CA is easier as it a desoler
of chip, socket install and plug new chip in)
The trick to it is the boards for Sr20s. You have to add a board to the ECU
to use as an interface for the remapped EPROMS.
The software to remap the EPROMS is available (if you know where) and its
relatively simple to use, a base bin file and an address file for the car
involved so the software knows where to look in the binary file to adjust
certain points etc.
Wide band O2 sensor, EPROM burner and the daughterboards is all that is
needed as hardware.

Contact me off list for more info if you want.

--
Japanese Performance
www.japaneseperformanceparts.com

On 8/6/03 6:33 AM Ray Cheng wrote

> I own a Nissan Silvia S13 and everyone is talking about remapping standard ECU
> ERPOM. Although a microtech engine management is going to go on board very
> soon, but I would really love to create something on my own ie. remap stock
> ECU.
>
> Regards,
> Raymond

--B_3137918528_861318

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Diy_efi] Where can I learn the fundamentals of ECU?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hi Ray.<BR>
I have been remapping Nissan ECUs (esp SR20s) for quite a while now.<BR>
I presume you have a SR20 engine and not CA18? (CA is easier as it a desole=
r of chip, socket install and plug new chip in)<BR>
The trick to it is the boards for Sr20s. You have to add a board to the ECU=
 to use as an interface for the remapped EPROMS.<BR>
The software to remap the EPROMS is available (if you know where) and its r=
elatively simple to use, a base bin file and an address file for the car inv=
olved so the software knows where to look in the binary file to adjust certa=
in points etc.<BR>
Wide band O2 sensor, EPROM burner and the daughterboards is all that is nee=
ded as hardware.<BR>
<BR>
Contact me off list for more info if you want.<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Japanese Performance<BR>
www.japaneseperformanceparts.com<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 8/6/03 6:33 AM Ray Cheng wrote<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
I own a Nissan Silvia S13 and everyone is talking about remapping standard =
ECU ERPOM. Although a microtech engine management is going to go on board ve=
ry soon, but I would really love to create something on my own ie. remap sto=
ck ECU.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Regards,<BR>
Raymond<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3137918528_861318--