[Diy_efi] Toyota 1MZ-FE coils ... again

Gerard gerard at poboxes.com
Sun Jun 8 17:46:25 GMT 2003

Hi Steve,

>From the quattro List, eh? :)

>From experience I find it best to get a part number and then ask the
dealerships. Over here they operate in a silly manner. I had to find a
4-pin connector a multi-function temperature sensor on my Audi and this
took forever. I first asked 2 dealerships about the connector and they
laughed at me and told me to buy the entire wiring loom. Then I left it
for a while and went back to another dealership and asked the same
question, but this time with part number in hand. I got the usual
sniggers, but forced the guy to look up the number I had on hand. Quite
amazingly they had access to it and there were some red faces.

I will check online and see who can get me a number, or if someone has a
1MZ-FE equipped Toyota or Lexus I'd appreciate if you could do a quick
look under the hook and send me any numbers listed on the connectors. If
these connector manufacturers are anything like AMP they'll have their
number and a OE number on the connector.

G.