Fwd: RE: [Diy_efi] help w/ search engine

Bob La Quey boblq at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 12:16:34 GMT 2003

Note that Google can do site specific searches with great effectiveness, e.g.
Go to http://www.google.com and search on "O2 Perry site:diy-efi.org"
(no quotes in the search box).

This can also be embedded in the html.
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Example URL Speciific Site Search</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FORM action="http://www.google.com/search" method=get>
<!------URL Specific Search-------->
<FONT face=arial,sans-serif><B>Advanced Web Search of
http://www.osocomm.com/ </B></FONT><P>
<INPUT size=25 value=software name=as_q> <INPUT type=submit value="Search"
name=btnG>
<INPUT size=25 type="hidden" name=as_sitesearch
value="http://www.osocomm.com">
</BODY></HTML>

etc ... http://www.ultraviolet.org/mail-archives/kplug-lpsg.2001/0402.html
for more info
and discussion of technique.

Bob La Quey

PS. Google also offers a web service API for doing more sophisticated
things ... see http://www.google.com/apis/

Now back to DIY_EFI ... if any of you are interested in the DARPA
Grand Challenge http://www.darpa.mil/grandchallenge/index.htm
then contact me privately. Our team "Los Osos Locos" needs
a DIY_EFI (Megasquirt) knowledgeable person. We have a SCORE
Class 1 Unlimited truggy as a vehicle and want to use DIY_EFI on it.

OK, back to lurking.