[Diy_efi] MAF Question

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Wed Jun 11 12:32:16 GMT 2003

> I prefer to do the stuff myself....and I have already
> begun air flow improvements. I had an aftermarket
> intake pipe on, but had problems with it, and it
> split (it was 2 pc fibreglass). I noticed a big
> difference going back to stock, so I have begun
> to fabricate my own intake now (easier on the
> pocket book in my case, as I find a lot of the
> stuff that is actually available for the ZX2
> is grossly overpriced) The prototype is going
> to be one piece fibreglass (no splitting)
> and then will go from there.

Beware of a very high depression level behind the throttle.
At high RPM it can reach 100mbars (1.4psi).

> >Could you help me: I've found a broken Ford engine with beautiful
> >injectors. It's a DOHC 2L 4-cyl engine. I can not find any
> >description of the injection ramp.
>
> As I said...I am all new to this stuff so I have to say I am
> not going to be much help directly, but I have forwarded
> the info to a couple of guys in our group that are in the know
> more than I am. Is this a North American engine or foreign?

I'm in France. Where the engine is from ... I don't know,
it's just lying down in a yard.

> Do you have any idea how old it is? Hopefully Ill be able to
> dig some info up for you.

I think it's relatively modern, less than 10years old. I would
say there is an air injection in the exhaust (with an air pump),
but I'm not sure as hoses are broken.
There are 2 coils for 4 cylinders, they are mounted under a red
alu cache screewed on the top of the head.
Injectors are mounted on the intake ports, not on the head.

> I did a Google search myself and could not see any injectors

Neither me :-)

> listed with that number. Seems they jump from 280 150 999 to
> 280 155 001, with nothing inbetween. Can you see a Ford part
> number on them?

No, it's a pure Bosch part.

> There is a great listing I found here:
> http://www.powerpage.dk/produkter/pic/injectors.pdf

Thank you, I've got it too.

> This lists all types of injectors including Ford injectors
> with Ford part #s, but made by Bosch....
> Hopefully that helps a little...
> If I get any info from the other guys Ill let you know.

Thank you,
Alexei