[Diy_efi] Re: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 6, Issue 14

andrew stegman andrewstegman85 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:04:33 GMT 2003

hello all.
first i want to ask if it is all right to post questions on this list
regarding my work if it is not all right i will refrain from it in the
future.

heres the question

I am working on a 1983 towncar
the problem is this IT WONT RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ha ha ha anyways................
when you go to start the vehicle it will only crank, then if you hold the
throttle wide open it will fire but not start. we tried replacing the IAT
and that made it run for about a mile or so then it went pig rich and died.
i checked the coolant temp sensor, it checked out ok, same with BMAP and TPS
i also checked the O2 and that was switching, albeit slowly
any ideas on what could cause this extreme rich condition?