[Diy_efi] 83 Town Car

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 22:17:48 GMT 2003

--- andrew stegman <andrewstegman85 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I am working on a 1983 towncar
> the problem is this IT WONT RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ha ha ha anyways................

*snip*

Lot of things you could check.  You note that it is
"pig rich", I don't quite understand how you can tell
if it won't run?

A slow O2 sensor means it should be replaced, but that
shouldn't be causing your problems.

One thing I would do is check the readings for the
sensors at the ECU harness, to check on the harness
and connectors for resistance and continuity (quick
check as opposed to troubleshooting the whole engine
harness).  Check the charging system, especially the
voltage regulator and ground connections, and then
check for Vbatt and good ground on the ECU connector
end of the harness.

I gather it's not throwing any trouble codes (I'm not
even sure if Ford stuff that old CAN, but I presume it
can in some manner).  If all else fails, you may have
a bad ECU, but check and repair everything else first;
if it is the ECU but something else caused the
failure, find the proximate cause FIRST or you'll have
a second dead ECU soon).

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |