[Diy_efi] Injector newbie question

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 06:42:45 GMT 2003

--- peterw <peterw at waybeat.com.au> wrote:

> I have an old 280 150 788 injector that I am playing
> with. When I apply power from my bench power supply
> it goes click and I can see the needle
> bit(pintle ?) moving. It doesn't move much tho.

Pintles vary between open and closed by only a handful
of microns.  As a rule, you should be able to tell it
moved, but not by a whole lot.

> I can't blow air through it when its powered on.

At what pressure?  By mouth?  Using an air line?

> Do injectors require a certain min pressure, even
> when powered on, before they will pass fluids ?

No.  Gravity will allow some fuel to leave the
injector if pointed down, even if there is basically
no pressure behind it.

> or is this injector "stuffed"

May very well be...

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |