[Diy_efi] And for the bottom end of the market....

efi student efi.student at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 14 17:43:16 GMT 2003

If you are trying this with a  4A-GZE, you have a lot more to consider =
than
simple EFI.  The engine has a clutch controlled supercharger and is =
capable
of running vacuum and boost (the amount of boost is dependent on the
pulleys, but that's another issue).  Your motorcycle EFI is unlikely to =
even
want to consider running under boost.  Ignoring the knock sensors could
prove very fatal since a single tank of bad fuel could knock =
horrifically
under boost.

There are MANY other solutions, including finding out what is really =
wrong
with the OEM unit especially if this setup is stock.  Toyota ECMs are
difficult to hack but not to repair, I would chase that down first =
before
attempting to graft a single cylinder solution to each of the 4 on the =
4AG.

Lance