[Diy_efi] Re: Injector newbie question - story

Aaron Bunch nitrusmr2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 23:26:58 GMT 2003

I have a funny story about that. We installed an
Autronic SMC in a friend's MR2. We could only get the
car to start after serious cranking and if we maxed
out the VE in the fuel maps. The car idled smoothly,
and even drove..sorta. Any time we approached zero
vacuum the car would stumble as if it were not getting
enough fuel. A day or so later I realized we had
hooked the fuel pump up wrong and it was not turning
on. By turning the injectors wide open the vacuum in
the engine would draw the fuel through. Basically we
had built a carburetor ;-)

Aaron

--- joe bialy <joedella at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What if the little filter screen in the injector is
> plugged up?
>
> Joe
>
> > I can't blow air through it when its powered on.
>
> At what pressure?  By mouth?  Using an air line?
>
> > Do injectors require a certain min pressure, even
> > when powered on, before they will pass fluids ?
>
> No.  Gravity will allow some fuel to leave the
> injector if pointed down, even if there is basically
> no pressure behind it.
>
> > or is this injector "stuffed"
>
> May very well be...
>
> =====
> Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative.

=====
Aaron Bunch    ATS Racing    http://www.atsracing.net
91 2.2 TD06 L2 Motec M4 turbo MR2  (401 rwhp @ 22psi)
93 SMG turbo MR2 (spare car, ran 13.2 at 107.6mph at SE2002)
02 Lexus IS300
92 Miata