[Diy_efi] And for the bottom end of the market....

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 20:16:46 GMT 2003

--- bill SHURVINTON <bill at shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk>
wrote:

> I have to say I'm with Phil on this. Can't see any
> good reason why most of the aftermarkets won't run a
> bike engine fine.

I'm starting to wonder if people are intentionally
missing my point.

The original poster was stating how easy it is to make
an ECU that works well, due to the large number of
them available for motorcycles.

While there are any number of ECUs that can quite
easily be MADE to work on a motorcycle with
programming and some hacking apart of the wiring
harness, there are only two products I know of that
replace the stock ECU and are designed FOR motorcycle
apps specifically.  I was pointing out to the original
poster that he was inaccurate in the specific sense,
and perhaps was meaning something else.

But everyone seems to want to get snarky about it.

They can feel free to laugh all the want at my book,
while I cash my checks, though.

> Would be interesting to know what it is about the
> motec that makes it 'specific' for a bike.

It plugs into the stock wiring harness and is
precalibrated for the sensors that come with the bike.
 It is a kit that was designed specifically for the
motorcycle model on which it is installed, much like
the Daytona Twin-Tek is designed not only to use the
stock sensors on the Delphi-equipped Harleys, but to
interface with the anti-theft and turn signal modules
seamlessly, as well.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |