[Diy_efi] And for the bottom end of the market....

peterw peterw at waybeat.com.au
Mon Jun 16 08:55:01 GMT 2003

> I just finished a Formula SAE car project in which we used a Motec M4 ecu
> control a custom pfi setup and two coil wasted spark ignition on a Honda
CBR
> 600 F2.  The engine was mapped n-alpha with the map sensor used for baro

Which Uni are you at Joe ?

I wish I was still doing engineering so I could do the SAE car thing.
Wollongong Uni(my hometown Uni. Small town near Sydney in the land of Oz)
did very well in this years SAE competition.

What's the deal with wasted spark ignitions. Do they do that only because
its simpler. i.e don't have to worry what stroke you're on.

And why not just pick a FI 600cc bike motor and use as is ? Is it because
the standard 600cc bike FI is not very good ?

Peter