[Diy_efi] Electronic expertise requested

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jun 20 12:25:34 GMT 2003

It is relatively easy to verify the effectiveness of the proposed
solution and to determine some of the potential problems before
installing the system in an aircraft.  After all, these are automotive
computers.  Connect parallel systems in a car and drive around.  It may
even be practical to connect at least one ecu to the aircraft engine to
monitor engine data, leaving the injection and timing connections
disconnected.

Data collection and careful observation are very good means to
understand a system.  I cannot fathom anyone working on modifying
aircraft without a good understanding of what they are doing.  I have
many hours of data recorded for my car.  I can't imagine the drive space
I'd require for an aircraft.

Shannen