[Diy_efi] ION coils

Phil Hunter diy-efi-d at t-n-e.com
Fri Jun 20 18:27:48 GMT 2003

> Got a suggestion off list that the delphi coils from a 2001 or
> later Harley would be good for DIY ION.

I'm not positive about any of this, but I doubt it. On Bruce's new
web page: http://www.doublepup.com/BaseQuicki/wiki.cgi?IonSensing
(Thanks Bruce!) I put up a link showing the sensor, doesn't look
to be designed for ignition voltages. Best I can figure is they
are using a seperate sensor, perhaps to get around patent issues
and so they wouldn't need to deal w/ blocking ignition voltages,
putting the sensor into a seperate hole in the rear head which
would be the hottest and most likely to have detonation.

Some time ago I posted my "homework" on the list and asked for any
more info, got just one reply that basically said "Go Fish".

Steve, can you "pump" your source for more info?

If anyone can confirm or deny any of this, please speak up.

rgds,
philh
(digest)