[Diy_efi] long term fuel trim

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 18:45:38 GMT 2003

--- Tim Marsteiner <tmarstei at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In a SAGEM (Alpha-N, I think) system

Whose SAGEM system?  I know of at least 3 motorcycle
manufacturers using their ECUs, and two use speed
density when alpha is small, and alpha-n when alpha is
large; one uses straight alpha-n (Triumph used to use
straight alpha-n, but I believe they changed to the
dua system).  They all use different mapping
strategies from each other.

> is the long term fuel trim used in the open loop
> enrichment calculation?

I gather you are talking about use on an Aprilia or
Triumph motorcycle?  And when you say "open-loop
enrichment calculation", are you talking about
trimming the whole map, or the accel shot?  AFAIK, the
accel shot is not trimmed with either manufacturer's
firmware.

The long-term fuel trim, which is set automatically by
the ECU on Triumphs with an O2 sensor, is applied in
all modes.  It's not adjustable by the end user unless
you have some cool software; only the idle trim is
adjustable with normally-available tools.

> Is it used for anything else?

AFAIK, it is not.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |