[Diy_efi] Tuning on Dynapack

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 03:57:04 GMT 2003

--- "Todd A. Pepmeier" <tpepmeie at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Appreciate any guidance, especially if you've used a
> Dynapack before.

I've done this with motorcycles, but not with cars, on
an eddy current dyno.

I've been fortunate to have the time to do the whole
map, so I'm not sure what to recommend in terms of map
interpolation.  You might check with someone who's
mapped the same engine to see where major "deviations"
might be.

My best advice would be to use a four-gas analyzer if
you can, as that will tell you what you need to
change, and often by how much, and can save you a lot
of time and trial-and-error.  It can also show you (if
you can read it well enough) what the likely source of
a given issue is (cam timing, intake resonance,
fueling, spark timing, and so on).

I'd do the fuel first, as my experience has been that
unless the timing is way out, you generally don't need
to change fueling much (or at all) when fine-tuning
spark timing.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |