[Diy_efi] Tuning on Dynapack

Shannen at grolen.com Shannen at grolen.com
Mon Jun 30 11:13:35 GMT 2003

It's not a bad idea to pick something in the 40-60kPa  MAP range
(cruise) and run above and below typical road speeds, then work up to
90-100kPa MAP range to give a good set of reference points.  As you
watch for activity from the knock sensor, remember that long periods
under high load can tend to trigger knock which might never show up on
the street.  There aren't too many places on  the street one can run at
WOT for 25 minutes with an LT5.

I would also tend to use fixed rpm increments and use the throttle to
move through the MAP points above.  If you have a good datalog
capability and a way to correlate exhaust readings with MAP, you can
quickly pass through many points, shut the car down, and make
corrections to many points on the table.  Keep an eye on PE mode entry
and exit points so as not to incorrectly adjust VE tables for what may
seem to be an excessive rich condition, and don't forget to check for
knock indications.

Shannen