[Diy_efi] Re: coil -ve to square wave

fuelogic at ihug.com.au fuelogic at ihug.com.au
Tue Mar 4 09:16:56 GMT 2003

Hey Tomas,

Can u get a plot of the coil negative waveform? Also what is the 'megasquirt'
circuit? A project on DIY?

I have in the past had luck making a -ve waveform to square wave adapter by
feeding the -ve waveform through an RC circuit, clipping the result with a
zener diode (say at 10V to remove the back emf), then maybe buffering and
feeding into a comparator with a LOT of hysteresis. I'll draw it if u want.
Also..have u thought about getting the trigger from another source...like the
digital trigger going into the module?
Cya...Matt