[Diy_efi] GMH Fuse Rail P/N 92030036, jpgs of alternative

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 4 12:01:51 GMT 2003

Hi chaps,

I put up some more pictures of a circuit board based alternative
to General Motors Holden fuse rail as used on the VL commodore
and Camira (I think), there's also a picture of an old fuse rail
that is almost fully melted and still works !

I'm interested to know if anything like this fuse rail (the
plastic one from GMH) is used in USA as I'd be surprised that
this moulding was only used for Australia. And would anyone
know who it might be worthwhile approaching to sell the
product or sample it in any way ?

My new one is made from 2.4mm double sided plated through FR4
fibre-glass so it wont melt like the GMH replacement part,
especially when people drive more accessories and use higher
wattage headlamps.

This new fuse rail is actually made from 6 circuit boards,
the main unit and a brace underneath at right angles plus two
vertical side supports plus two upper horizontal supports,
so it should tolerate the heaviest pressing and knocking
around. There are LEDs for any blown fuse indication plus
three extra LEDs for power to the three main systems and three
extra fuses for people who add accessories...

Thats if for mow, before some pics are large but detailled :-)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~erazmus/car_accessories/

Rgds

Mike
Perth, Western Australia