[Diy_efi] coil (-) tach signal conditioning

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Tue Mar 4 12:56:41 GMT 2003

dennis.noordsij at wiral.com wrote:

> On Monday 03 March 2003 19:55, Tomas Sokorai Sch. wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm trying to get a clean 5V square signal from the (-) terminal of an old
> > Ford Duraspark electronic ignition for a display/datalogging circuit I'm
> > building (PIC16F877A w/ hd44780 LCD, GPL'ed; PC datalogging & prog. tools
> > software for Linux. I'll release the first ver. it when it's doing
> > something useful :)
>
> Hey cool!
>
> I am using the 877 for an EFI controller. Very similar to Megasquirt, but with
> the benefit of hindsight :-) and of course a based around a PIC instead.
> And yes Linux based tuning software of course!

Hi Dennis,

Tell us more about your project please.
Do you plan to control ignition too ?
pressure/speed or AF/speed ?
What is the engine (displacement, cyl num, mono/multiport injection,
etc ...) ?
What PIC freq ? How much acquisitions per revolution ?
Are PIC periphs enough for all planned tasks ?

Thank you,
Alexei