[Diy_efi] TBI/CFI in Aus.

Mark Bowers & Family mbalntel at cfw.com
Mon Mar 10 00:43:55 GMT 2003

All we can tell you about the Starion EFI (we sitll have the stock unit on
our Pro Rally  Starion) is that we have not yet run into any after market
mods to hang off of it to modify the performance much. Just fake out the air
temp sense resistor to make it run richer (to prevent any lean burn in hot
racing conditions) is all we know. The MAF sensor seemed to get fooled at
low rpms/high airflow conditions when we put a larger turbo on, but you may
not have that problem since it does not sound like you are pressurized.
Works fine at idle and part throttle with the standard system. We have been
told that the 88-89 Intercooled ECU's have the best programming to make best
power, but that is for boosted conditions, which you may not have to worry
about. Those versions units do have a more sophisticated ECU board set.

I have not thought much on how this system would work on  a lower
performance, non-boosted system. The timing cycle (-rich-lean-rich-lean-
cycling) on the idle EFI control is about 0.5 sec, if that is any help in
determing how it might work for you.

For what little it is worth.......

Mark B.